Alfajiri Villas, perched on a coral cliff overlooking the Indian Ocean, is a world-famous stylish retreat tucked away on Diani beach on Kenya’s idyllic south coast. With just 3 beautifully-appointed, lavish villas, the Garden Villa, the Beach Villa and the Cliff Villa, located at the further northern end of the 25km long white-sand beach, Alfajiri offers the ultimate in privacy and sheltered seclusion. Decorated in a tasteful fusion of styles, each villa has its own individual décor, vast veranda providing panoramic views of the ocean, large swimming pools that blend with horizon and spacious bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms. The cuisine has a strong Mediterranean influence (and an African twist!) with daily fresh seafood accompanied by an array of elegant Italian and South African premium wines. With private access to Diani beach and its extensive range of watersports, superlative service combined with views to ‘die-for’, Alfajiri Villas is the perfect Kenya coastal hide-away.
Activities and amenities: massage, gym, sauna and swimming pools, payable extra activities: kite surfing, windsurfing, diving, cultural visits, snorkelling the coral reef, deep sea fishing, day safaris, golf.
Day 1 – Saruni Mara / Saruni Wild
• Arrive at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, where a Saruni vehicle will transfer you to Wilson Airport for your flight to Mara North.
• Depart Nairobi in the morning*, arriving at Mara North an hour later, where your Tour guide will meet you.
• Game drive with a picnic lunch to enjoy under an acacia tree or by the river next to a pod of hippos. Or head to Saruni Mara or Saruni Wild for some rest and an exclusive game drive later in the afternoon in Mara North Conservancy - over 30,000 acres of plentiful, protected land bordering the Masai Mara National Reserve. Enjoy a completely different and less-explored corner of the Mara ecosystem in total privacy, brimming with wildlife.
Day 2 – Saruni Mara / Saruni Wild
• Early morning game drive to look for the big cats and other predators of the Mara, returning to the camp or lodge for lunch and treatments at the Maasai Wellbeing Space.
• In the afternoon, a game drive will take you to a special area where the largest tower of giraffe can be seen, followed by dinner at the lodge or camp and an optional night game drive. Day 3 – Saruni Mara / Saruni Wild
• Walk through the valleys and plains surrounding Saruni Mara, accompanied by a vehicle, or a game drive up to the top of Kilileoni, the highest mountain in the SerengetiMasai Mara ecosystem - led by your skillful and knowledgeable Maasai guides.
• In the afternoon you will discover more of Mara North and its surrounding conservancies and experience first-hand what makes the Mara one of the most exciting wildernesses in the world.
• In favourable weather conditions, experience a bush dinner in the middle of nature under the vast African sky, with Maasai warriors singing and dancing around the fire.
Day 4 – Saruni Mara / Saruni Wild
• Venture through the plains of Mara North Conservancy in pursuit of the more rare and elusive species. Another wildlife-abundant game drive with a leisurely bush breakfast completes another exciting morning.
• Head back into Mara North for a late afternoon game drive, finishing your drive with refreshing sundowners overlooking the immense plains surrounding you before heading back to the lodge or camp for a hearty dinner.
Day 5 – Alfajiri Villas
• Visit the rhino sanctuary on the way to the airstrip and once again admire the hippos and the crocodiles of the Mara River.
• The flight to Diani’s Ukunda leaves the Mara at 14:00 PM and arrives in Ukunda at 16:00 PM. An Alfajiri vehicle will be waiting to transfer you to the peace and calm awaiting 5 minutes away at the world-famous Alfajiri Villas.
• Unwind from your journey by taking a refreshing dip in your private swimming pool, followed by a welcome sundowner on your lavish veranda overlooking from high the white sands of Diani beach and the Indian Ocean, cooled by the early evening tropical breezes. Enjoy an elegant seafood offering paired with exquisite wines before falling asleep to the lulling sounds of the sea.
Day 6 – Alfajiri Villas
• Set off on a thrilling morning of deep sea fishing, trying your luck with a heavy line to hook a prized marlin or wahoo.
• Pack a picnic lunch to enjoy at sea, before returning home in the afternoon for a lazy siesta or a bit of retail therapy and souvenir shopping at the nearby shopping centres.
Day 7 – Alfajiri Villas
• Head out on the clear ocean on a traditional dhow to visit Funzi Island for a day of sailing, fishing, swimming with dolphins and discovering rare turtles before casting ashore for a delicious fresh seafood lunch.
• Spend the evening relaxing barefoot on the beach collecting seas shells.
Day 8 – Alfajiri Villas
• Wake up with the sea breeze and spend your morning kayaking and snorkelling as you discover the colourful aquatic life of the Indian Ocean.
• If you are feeling adventurous, you may want to give kite surfing a try!
• After lunch, relax at the pool or enjoy a massage treatment.
• Finish off another heavenly day with a sundowner dhow ride at sunset, and a sumptuous fresh seafood dinner. Day 9 – Departure
• Enjoy your final morning waking up in paradise and relax to your fullest with a leisurely stroll on the white-sand beach.
• After a morning unwinding and rejuvenating, depart in the afternoon for your flight back to Nairobi, which leaves Diani at 16:00 PM and arrives at Wilson Airport at 17:30 PM.
• Transfer to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport with a Tour driver and vehicle. Depending on the time of your international flight, stop at the Talisman or Carnivore restaurant for dinner.